Welcome to my artist web site – I’am glad you found me - and I hope you like my work. I try hard to keep it fresh and original.
Who am I and what do I do?
Simply put.. I’am a US based fine artist located in San Antonio, Texas. Painter, mentalist, wood worker, digital artist and inventor. I'm retired from the construction business as a professional and business owner. Now I put fourth all my talents to new projects and live life by my own rules.. One day at a time.
As of 2013.. Currently I'm not displaying my art any physical location at this time. You can see them here online.
Purching links and information have been made avaiable. Better still to contact me first for avaiablitty of art.. I'm an still in the process of updateing for this new year.
Feel free to contact me if you have questions.
- What is Spin Art? (Wikiapedia.org)
- My Price List (updating check back soon or contact me for prices)
- How I make Spin Art video's and other Video's on YouTube.com
- See the process of
one of my paintings 'Grapes'
- My Music (SoundCloud.com)
1. I Wanna Be Your Dog - The Stooges (Take Cover Remix) 6:32
2. Acrylic Dreams - (She's Into It Mix) 4:13
- Apr.. Launched the Fan Site for this website. MadSpinner.com on Face book. Planning on giving away older paintings, to loving homes. Just visit the Fan page and 'Like' and your permanently assigned to all and any future promotional events.
- Mar.. Just finished the new online gallerys for the Spin Paintings and the Fine Art art. Check them out.
- Feb.. I am now referenced on Wikipedia.com for Spin Painting. How exciting!
- 2012 - Anti-nuclear showing at Bihl Haus Arts. Sold Hello Kitty Painting (Picture soon).
- 2012 - Taking the year off.
- July.. 2011 - Professional artist sign up to be the lucky few to participate in evaluating the SpinEasel easel prototype! More info at www.towerinvention.com
- July.. 2011 - Start up the SpinEasel project! My homemade easel that will be in production in the near future. More here @... www.towerinvention.com
- June 17, 2011- 'Salute International Bar Announces Original 24th Anniversary Celebration: The Community Celebrates Azeneth Dominguez' In honor of the original 24th anniversary of Salute International Bar there will be a celebration of live music, art and poetry from 8:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. at 2801 N. St. Mary’s Street. The lineup features hip hop Latino fusion band Los Nahuatlatos with opening band the Hey Chi Beez and guest DJ. There will also be poetry readings by Bonnie Ilza Cisneros, Nephtali De Leon and more. Visual artists include Joan Frederick, Al Rendon, Alice Canestaro, Jane Madrigal, Franco Mondini-Ruiz, Deborah Kuetzpalin Vasquez, Jesse Trevino, Elizabeth Rodriguez and Abraham De La Torre and special surprise guests. Stage design by curator David Zamora Casas. All art will be for sale. Admission fee $10.00. Pre-sale $5.00.
- My web site has gone green by hosting with FatCow, where the data centers, web servers and offices are powered by 100% wind energy. :)
- Listed with
- Feb. 2010.. Started new painting series of one of an Action Painting techniques called Spin Painting. With the use of a centrifuge machine I made from scratch that can handle, so far a 6x6 foot canvas at various speeds I can create some pretty amazing spin art.
- Dec-09.. Starting new line of t-shirts for 2010 featuring 'Heart with Thorns', 'Mary Jane', 'Dixie Sweet', and other of my designs to come. If interested in investing, helping, buying or just praising the idea.. e-mail me. :)
- Dec-09.. Certain size prints, mouse pads, coffee cups, and post cards of my art work now on Deviant.com Always check back because I'll be adding more of my art work time to time.
The Mad Spinners - Spin Art Giveaway Winner
Local artist Pauline M. Howard
Congratulations Pauline! And enjoy your painting.
She mentioned she never won anything ever before so
that made this winning extra special to me and her.
The Winning Spin Art Painting
All my life, I have been in love with art and the creative process. As a child, I was drawn into the beauty found in everyday objects—from wildlife to the landscapes they live on, the stars to the sparkle of morning dew on a leaf and the human figure. It is my intent to create emotion in my design and composition with the anticipation of providing an element of surprise and interest. When I create, it is a continuing journey of learning and discovery in what it is to be human. There is a deep desire within me to explore past the boundaries of man.
I don't set out to produce art about one subject or another. I didn't set out to be an environmental artist or to create artwork relating to social commentary but as my portfolio developed and people started to review my work. The descriptions started to emerge, and I began to notice a pattern I hadn't intended but am now pleased with. Always I try to imagine my work on someone's walls.. I would ask myself, Would it look great in a home? Plus, will this bring life to a room? I know a piece is done when I answer, Yes. Then I will be done.
I do not make political or religious statements with my art. Neither do I attempt to shock nor provoke others, whatever my opinion of them might be. I paint pictures to give joy and meaning to the lives of those who see them. People always ask for my artist statement, so I needed to do one, but I've never liked to explain a certain piece of work - When I make a piece that's how I wanted it to be - hopefully it can speak for itself and whatever it says to the viewer - it's the right message because there isn't a wrong and a right. Each person takes something a little different from the same piece, and I'm happy with that.
Abraham De La Torre considers his talent a God-given gift, one he has enjoyed working hard to expand and enlarge. Primarily self-taught, Abraham has also studied with several accomplished well-known artists on technique, design, color and methods of drawing and painting. Since the late '80s, his works have been shown infrequently in one-person and group exhibitions in alternative spaces in San Antonio, and more often in private showings for buyers and friends. As a personal passion, he has in the past donated his creations to charity and fundraising events, which he continues to do today.
He currently lives and works in San Antonio, Texas, USA.
My influences are first and foremost everything I see, feel and experience. The artists I most admire are Goya, Rembrandt, Dali, Da Vinci, and others alike. A child growing up watching films such as Metropolis, Star Wars, PF The Wall, just to name a few. The first Star Trek TV series I always was glued to the screen fastenated. During my elementray school days I learned about a band called Kiss from the local FM radio station I picked up on my new mini wristband radio.. That changed my whole outlook on music and life.
And on that note..
Resides in San Antonio, TX, US
Note: All art appraised by the assistance of professional artists and other resources in the business. Final prices set by Abraham De La Torre himself. All images displayed here are owned to the artist (Abraham De La Torre) including the copyrights to each work.
Note 2: Gallery style (non-framed) works may have metal tacks on edges as exampled below. For Sale by appointment only unless displayed at gallery location at the time.
Example: A Gallery style piece with metal tacks.